People who serve the industry are usually a mirror of this society. So what are the classifications of the service industry?
In the actual work of the national economic accounting, the service industry is generally regarded as the tertiary industry.
Industrial waiters are classified into all fifteen other industrial sectors except agriculture, mining, manufacturing, electricity, production and supply of fuel and water, construction).
15 Consumer Service industry
- Transportation, warehousing, and postal industry
- Information transmission, computer service, and software industry
- The wholesale and retail industry
- Accommodation and catering industry
- Financial industry
- Real estate industry
- Leasing and business service industry
- Scientific research, technical services and GEOL exploration industry
- Water conservancy, environment and public facilities management industry
- Resident service and other service industries
- Health, social security and social welfare industry
- Culture, sports and entertainment industry
- Public management and social organizations
- International organizations.
The operating characteristics of the consumer service industry
The most basic feature of the economic activities of the service industry is the close combination of the production, exchange and consumption of service products. This has formed its characteristics:
- wide range. The service industry should operate the service products required for social production, circulation, and consumption. Therefore, there is no restriction on the business variety.
- The service industry can carry out business anywhere, so there is no regional restriction. In social division of labor, it is the industry with the widest operation and the widest range of activities.
- Comprehensive service. Consumers’ needs are connected. In addition to accom, hotels also need to have a variety of services such as communication, transportation, diet, laundry, haircuts, shopping, and medical care.
Large-scale service enterprises generally adopt comprehensive management.
Small service companies take the form of specialized operations, and various professional service companies in the same region must be interconnected to form comprehensive service capabilities.
- Strong business technology.
- Differential and locality. Most of the service industry serves consumers, and consumption is scattered. Therefore, the service industry generally implements decentralized operations. With different natural conditions and social conditions in various places, there must be a certain difference in economic and cultural development.
- In particular, some industries that serve life and local colors are strong, so the service industry has strong localities. The development opportunities of my country’s service industry account for less than 40 % in the GDP’s GDP “GDP”, compared with 80 % in the United States and 50 % in India.
- “The real opportunity is in the service industry, the service industry can create a large number of employment opportunities, which is conducive to maintaining social stability.” However, many service industries such as financial services are monopolies, including hospitals, education, etc. In the current economic situation, you can properly relax the service industry control and increase investment opportunities.
11 types in the consumer service industry
- Commercial services refer to the exchange of services involved in commercial activities, These include professional services, computer and related services, research and development services, real estate services, leasing services, and other business services involved in agency, such as advertising services.
- Communication services, including postal services, express delivery services, TELCOM services, and audiovisual services.
- Building and related engineering services, including the general building work, installation and assembly work of the building, the improvement, and decoration of the building, etc.
- Sales services, including the service of the agency, wholesale trade services, retail services, special agency services, and other sales services.
- Educational services, including primary education services, secondary education services, higher education services, adult education services, and other educational services.
- Environmental services, including sewage treatment services, waste treatment services, hygiene, and related services, and other environmental services.
- Financial services, including insurance and insurance related services, banks, and other financial services (except insurance).
- Health and social services, including hospital services, other human health services, social services, and other health and social services.
- Services related to tourism, including hotels and hotels, travel agencies and tourist brokerage services, tour guide services, etc.
- Entertainment, cultural and sports services, including entertainment services, news institutions, libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural services, sports, and other entertainment services.
- Transportation services, including sea transportation services, inland shipping services, air transportation services, space transportation, railway transportation services, highway transportation services, pipeline transportation services, and all transportation methods.